Hi All,

We had developed an application using  AbstractKafkaInputOperator from
Malhar 3.2.0-incubator. We are planning to upgrade to Malhar 3.4.0. While
recompiling our code, we observed that the compilation fails due to
backward incompatible change in the AbstractKafkaInputOperator. The
AbstractKafkaInputOperator is not marked as Evolving. The error is:

*cannot find symbol*
*symbol:   variable idempotentStorageManager*

We found out that https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/APEXMALHAR-2093
changed usage of IdempotentStorageManager to WindowDataManager. The
backward incompatible change was documented in the pull request.

How should we handle this issue?

[1]
https://github.com/apache/incubator-apex-core/blob/master/docs/compatibility.md

Regards,