There is an upcoming talk at Phoenix data conference on Oct 29th

Topic: Developing a streaming application using Apache Apex
http://www.phxdataconference.com/

I have also submitted the following proposal for Strata SJ in March

Security in a distributed streaming application on secure Hadoop - A case
study with Apache Apex

Thanks