Yes yes,
We need to put the clear plan upfront

This ticket was thought and scheduled to be done after the APEXMALHAR-2271
SpillableSetMultimap which bucketize elements on the time from values.
But per discussion with David,  we realized this ticket is more important
and affect the general purging functionality so I just jumped to this issue
late last week.
Now the status is the pull request is there. I feel it can be merged soon.
https://github.com/apache/apex-malhar/pull/503

Regards,
Siyuan