Hello All,

I was looking at the documentation and could not get a clear distinction of
behaviours for setup() and activate() during scenarios when an operator is
passivated ( ex: application shutdown, repartition use cases ) and being
brought back to life again. Could someone from the community advise me on the
following questions ?

1. Is setup() called in these scenarios (serialize/deserialize cycles) as well
?

2. I am assuming activate() is called in these scenarios ? - The javadoc for
activation states that the activate() can be called multiple times ( without
explicitly stating why ) and my assumption is that it is because of these
scenarios.

3. If setup() is only called once during the lifetime of an operator , is it
fair to assume that activate() is the best place to resolve all of the
transient fields of an operator ?

Regards,
Ananth