Do you mean that blocking my PR https://github.com/apache/apex-core/pull/585 is too drastic? I fully agree :). Why not to apply the same rule to that PR?

Will you agree that somebody needs to look into CVE, build issues or failed unit tests? If yes, who is that "somebody" is?

Let me give you another example. I'd like to contribute unit test log4j.properties cleanup (https://github.com/apache/apex-core/pull/584), but it fails due to incorrect assumptions done in LoggerUtilTest and LogFileInformationTest. Would you expect me to fix those assumptions or simply disable unit test?

Thank you,

Vlad