I sent an e-mail to the dev list...but have not heard any responses.  How
active is that list?  Do you know?  Basically, I have a workaround that
will deal with those "things" that Kryo v 2.24.0 will not handle (but 4.0.2
or 5.0.0-RC1 would) using the @FieldSerializer ...but this is not ideal.  I
have two options left: go it alone and try to update Kryo in the apex-core,
or simply change the default serializer.  The hiccup I am running into is
that I don't see how (from the documentation) to set the default
serializer...perhaps I am missing it.  Can someone point me to where that
is in the docs?