Hi Bernard,

> I could use Paolo's method, see macro hereunder.
> But there is still a nasty problem: the positions obtained seem to
> include "inactive records" of the base. For example in the Bibliography
> table if you select all lines you get positions 1, and 25 to 36 which
> are out of limit.

Ah, forgive me: According to the documentation of
com.sun.star.form.control.GridControl (which I wrote myself a long time
ago, but obviously forgot :), the sequence of values does *not* contain
absolute positions, but instead so-called bookmarks. [1] You need to
pass them to the "moveToBookmark" of the result set, instead of the
"absolute" method.

Sorry :)

Ciao
Frank

[1] Note that by accident, the "bookmarks" for dBase are exactly the
    physical file positions of the respective records, which leads to
    the behaviour you observed - they include deleted records, which
    are still present in the file, but marked as "deleted".