Hi Arne,

I have found several "UNO dispatches" that probably can invoke
displaying the OpenOffice Help, possibly also specific help components
(writer, calc ...).
How these dispatches are launched is explained in the Developer's
Guide. In short: You simply use the DispatchHelper service and invoke
the executeDispatch() method which takes some arguments.
The dispatch commands are listed in the "slots.sxc", that you can
download from the Documents & Files section of the api project page;
just search through all sheets for the keyword "help" and you should
find good results.

The description given for those dispatch commands is generally pretty
low so testing them is very important.
I wish you good luck, I didn't test any of the several help dispatches
I found but if I have some time again I will take a look, except until
then your problem has been solved.

Best Regards
Christian Junker