Am Fr, den 04.02.2005 schrieb Andrew Douglas Pitonyak um 04:18:
> Marc Santhoff wrote:
>
> >Hi,
> >
> >I'm stuck with text portions again:
> >
> >The task is to insert a TextRange consisting of one or more paragraphs
> >with complex char and paragraph formatting into a given text.
> >
> >How is this expected to be done?
> >
> >I read any type of docs, but found no direct method of doing so. I can
> >insert a string without formatting or some special TextContent. But
> >nothing inbetween. Okay, I can use the clipboard ...
> >
> >If this is missing from the api I think it's worth an RFE.
> >
> >TIA,
> >Marc
> >

> Hi Marc,

Hello Andrew

> I am not certain that I understand what you want to do.... Do you want
> to COPY a range of text from one location to another? Of so, then you
> probably want to copy to the clipboard and then paste.

No.

> Or, do you want to insert a lot of text that will contain special
> formatting?

Yes, tht's what I'd like to achieve.

> If you want to insert text with special formatting, you
> probably want to first insert the text as a string and then apply the
> formatting. You are correct that this is not ideal.... You may want to
> consider using a paragraph style. This will make it much easier to apply
> formatting to sections of the text without setting individual properties.

This is no good way of doing it, because I have several preformatted
text pieces and I do not know, what formatting is involved. If there's
no other option I have to decompose any text snippet into it's atoms and
formattings before saving and reapply them afterwards. This is why I'm
asking about streaming in another thread.

In principle it is like using aututexts from another source.

I really think there is something missing from the API ...

Thanks,
Marc