Hi Peter,

should have tested this (again it shows that you should always test something before you give advice).
I thought again about your problem and if your script does not run all the time but only sometimes I would propose the following to you:
Either you create a dialog, or which is little bit more complicated a modular window (with the windowdescriptor service), that pops up when the macro begins its execution. In that time the user is caught in this one dialog (I would put an explanatory text like "Please wait until the progress finishes..." and if you want to make it professional you add some progressbar or some animation or whatever so that the user is occupied at least with something). The important thing is that the dialog itself has been "disabled" which means that it is not closed when the user presses the "X" button that you can see for every window on popular platforms.
You do that by setting the "enabled" property in the dialog properties to the value "off".
Of course the macro shouldn't take too long, because a normal user probably would get angry when he clicks on the window to close it but it doesn't :).

I know this is not a very user-friendly thing, but look around in other programs: They also sometimes show dialogs like "Please wait..." when they need to process a lot of data.

Best Regards
Christian Junker

Peter Eberlein wrote:

Hi Laurent, hi Christian,
Laurent Godard schrieb:

Hi,

I can only agree with Laurent, the second way by locking the controllers would be the best option, I think.
That way you can be very sure that your macro gets executed from beginning to end without any disturbance.

for me this does not work like expected. LockControllers only disables writing into document and the toolbar buttons, not the menubar and shortkeys (1.9.74 & WinNT).

Peter