Christian Junker wrote:
> I remember some time ago,
> that it had been discussed that OOo 2.0 will provide functional
> interfaces that haven't been functional yet in any way (XMenu,
> XMenuListener) and probably add some more interfaces that make menus
> accessible via API.

We don't use XMenu etc., those interfaces remain deprecated. The new API
is much more abstract. I'm afraid the documentation is still not ready.
Maybe we can provide some example code on the framework project Website.

> Now that the first beta candidate has been released, I would like to
> know if that is possible yet. I tried putting information together and
> working it out for 1.9.m79 but I did not succeed. I think that there is
> a lot of request in this area, since it would improve customization of
> OOo's GUI a lot and make it possible for developers around the world to
> create their own OOo looks (of course there are tight boundaries, but as
> of yet it is not even possible to disable certain menu entries in the
> main menu as far as I know) without having to hack portions of the huge
> source code and repackaging their own oo distributions.

For complete customization of menu it is still recommended to use XML
files. The new API for menus is a dynamic way to change the menu at
runtime, f.e. to extend it for components added to the installation.

Best regards,

Please reply to the list only, [EMAIL PROTECTED] is a spam sink.