Paolo Mantovani wrote:
Alle 09:35, lunedì 7 marzo 2005, Jürgen Schmidt ha scritto:

Ian Laurenson wrote:

On Fri, 2005-03-04 at 21:58, Jürgen Schmidt wrote:

Ian Laurenson wrote:

On Thu, 2005-03-03 at 21:49, Jürgen Schmidt wrote:
[snip]

Sure, the new SDK provides makefiles for creating UNO packages (both
component packages and script/library packages). I also have the first
running ant scripts and ideally would be an integrated wizard in
NetBeans and/or Eclipse.

[snip]

While it would be good to be able create UNO packages from external
IDEs, to me it would be even better if it were possible within
OpenOffice.org.

I assume you mean that it would be nice to export Basic libraries as UNO packages, right?

Not just Basic libraries, my wish list includes: any graphics that are being used, the associated help files, Python components, the xcu file.

mmh, i am not sure. I think this would maybe overload the functionality and it is probably used by less than 0,1% of all users. Whereas the function to simply install an extension is definitely helpful for users to extend their office installation.

IMHO this "used by less than 0,1%" it's due to the fact that currently it's very difficult to deploy graphics or other resources whithin uno packages.
This operation infact, requires to write a custom configuration schema (xcs file) plus an xcu file in order to extend the OOo registry.
Furthermore you must write some not silly code to extract informations from your custom registry entries and finally for loading the graphics on the proper controls.

I would say that this is more a problem of missing documentation and examples. Private graphics for example can be accessed within the package as far as i know (i will check it and i will come back with the info). Own configuration schemes are only necessary if you have really configurable data in your component.

I'm sure that there are many peoples that would add some graphics to embellish their dialogs, much more than 0.1% of starbasic users.
Most probably they would like to deploy their work as uno package, but it's simply too difficult for almost all of them.

I agree for the Basic users, because they use the office as IDE for their macros and dialogs.
For all other languages (e.g. Java , C++) i would prefer some kind of integration (e.g. wizards) in popular IDE's like Eclipse or Netbeans for Java.

- Juergen

ciao
Paolo