Kohei Yoshida wrote:
Hi Jürgen,

On Fri, 11 Mar 2005 15:56:37 +0100, Jürgen Schmidt
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Hi,

yep, the awt API'S was deprecated in the past but in fact of a missing
alternative we removed the deprecated flag. But you should not expect
too much of this API.

Now does that imply that the awt API's will not be exteneded in the
future, or will it be replaced with a new set of dialog API's at some
point?

no, they will probably not extended and i hope that we will find an alternative (however it will look like) that it will be possible to implement own dialogs for extensions with the same look and feel as the rest of the office on all supported platforms. Easy to create (GUI editor, easy to handle (API), easy to deploy (with UNO packages), language independent, ... are only some of my wishes for the replacement ;-)

- Juergen

Kohei