Bob Crothers wrote:
Hi,

We have a multi-threaded Java environment. We are using OpenOffice.org 1.1.3. There are times when we make a series of UNO calls (mostly setting properties, save, and call macros) and also get a series of exceptions. The exceptions follow:

com.sun.star.lib.uno.protocols.urp.Unmarshal.readboolean - unexpected:java.io.EOFException

com.sun.star.io.IOException: java.net.SocketException: Socket closed

java_remote_bridge [EMAIL PROTECTED] is disposed

Hm, this means the remote side of the bridge is closing the connection while the local side of the bridge thinks it still has to read data. Do you have an idea how many synchronous UNO requests from your local Java side are outstanding (have not yet received a reply from the remote OOo side) when the exception occurs---none, one (i.e., on a single Java thread), or multiple (i.e., on multiple Java threads simultaneously)? What requests are you sending exactly?

-Stephan

How can we defend against these exceptions?

Thanks

Bob Crothers