Jürgen,
What I understand you are saying is that the jars provided in the SDK
are not part of the SDK project, but are part of some other project
outside of 'api'? Regardless, they must have a version number
associated with them, no?

A maven repository forces you to have version information associated
with the jars that are made available, so unless I'm not
understanding what you are saying, this shouldn't be an issue.

As I have stated before, maven is slowly but surely taking the java
development community by storm (btw, I am in no way associated with
the Maven project). Besides this, it would make it easier and clearer
for java developers to write OOo applications, which generally
facilitates more development and could only be of benefit to the OOo
community.

Thanks,
Mike