Hi Martin,

BTW: Please teach your mailer to use 'Re:' for reply sunjects rather than 'AW:', which other mailers don't recognize.

Martin Thoma wrote:

stable by now, and I would not expect the code you stumble over to
change until 2.0 final.  I still think your tool chain to build OOo uses
inappropriate components.  Maybe someone who knows more than I about
building OOo on Windows can tell you what the exact requirements are (or
you can probably look that up on somewhere on www.openoffice.org).

Hi Stephan, thanks again for your reply! Sorry, I didn't make it clear
enough: I don't want to build OO from source. I just try to connect from my
own C++-application to an existing installation of OpenOffice. The "chain"
for that is very simple I think:
- Install the SDK
- Create the headers with cppumaker -BUCR
- Include the headers and the libs and start compiling

I managed it with OO1.1.4 and SDK1.1. without problems. I tried the same
with OO1.9.104 and SDK 1.9.91 and got the compiler-errors I posted in the
headers.

For example, take:
com\sun\star\uno\runtimeexception.hpp(38) : error C2352: 'com::sun::star::uno::Exception::=' : illegal call of non-static member function

I assume that "illegal call of non-static member function" is not a problem
of the compiler-type or -version I use, because it should be C++-standard.
But I'm not sure.

That header file is generated (by cppumaker). The version that is generated by SDK2.0 is different from the one from SDK1.1.

The generated code is valid C++. But the OOo 2.0 code uses some features of Standard C++ that were broken or unsupported in versions of Microsoft VC++ prior to the VC++ .NET 2003 version.

Because of this and because of some other issues with runtime library compatibility you should use the MS VC++ .NET 2003 compiler with the OOo 2.0 SDK. This is the same compiler that is used to build OOo 2.0 releases.

My question is: Am I doing something wrong or is this perhaps a bug in the
headers? Has somebody managed to compile the sdk in this latest version
(perhaps on windows with VC++)?

You still didn't tell us what version of VC++ you are using. But as Stephan suggested, your version is probably too old to be usable with OOo 2.0.

Ciao, Jörg

--
Joerg Barfurth              Sun Microsystems - Desktop - Hamburg
Software Engineer                         [EMAIL PROTECTED]
OpenOffice.org Configuration          http://util.openoffice.org