Hi Jürgen,

while using "Bootstrap.defaultBootstrap_InitialComponentContext()" I ran into the following problem(s) with OOo 1.1.4 and 1.9.118, using the Windows version (on XP with SP2):

   1. "juh" is not found, adding $SYSBINDIR to the Windows path
      environment variable (used for "java.library.path"), allowed me to
      get by it, then

do you have juh.jar in your classpath? You need jurt.jar, ridl.jar, unoil.jar, juh.jar and java_uno.jar

Yes, all of them.

      employed Java "directory/bin", instead of $SYSBINDIR as per the
      definitions in "uno.ini".

   2. "types.rdb" is not found, because it is being searched in the

do you have configured your own env or do you try to bootrap UNO on a base of office installation?

The latter.

If office you need the office program dirctory in your PATH variable.

That's what I did so the process went ahead and stumbled over looking for "types.rdb" in the wrong directory (starting out of the Java-base dir).

But you can also try to use the simple bootstrap mechanism (see the SDK exmaples) which bootraps UNO, connect to an office (starts if necessary the default office) and returns the intial context from the office.

Well, I would like to get a hold of "/singletons/com.sun.star.reflection.theCoreReflection", without the need of having a connection established to an office (cf. message <Re: [api-dev] One or two questions ad "XMulti{Component|Service}Factory">).

The observed behaviour looked a little bit weird to me, so I reported it (in order to understand what is goiing on behind the curtain). Even more so, as "Bootstrap.createInitialComponentContext(null)" works without a hitch. Maybe one needs to call something else in advance before using this particular method "Bootstrap.defaultBootstrap_InitialComponentContext()"?

Regards,

---rony