Hi Rony,

Rony G. Flatscher wrote:
Hi there,

while working a little bit with the reflection interface I have been stumbling over the following: "com.sun.star.reflection.XField" is deprecated in favor of "com.sun.star.reflection.XField2". All signatures are the same except for set(), where the first argument changed from [in] to [inout].

You can see XField2 as version 2 of this interface. We haven't a mechanism of versioning for interface which is of course bad but it depends on technical reasons (we can't support two versions of an Java interface in the same VM for example)

Now, if I am only interested in the method getType(), returning an XIdlClass, am I really supposed to query explicitly for the XField2 interface? Or with other words: would it be o.k. to use the returned XField as long as one is not using the set()-method?

It will probably work all the time but the correct way would be to use XField2.

Juergen

TIA,

---rony