Hi All,

Below is a note from the Developers
guide(http://api.openoffice.org/docs/DevelopersGuide/DevelopersGuide.pdf)
Pg 327 Chapter 5

////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Design patterns and coding recommendations for OpenOffice.org. Possible
candidates are:

• Singleton: global service
Singleton: global service manager, Desktop, UCB
• Factory: decouple specification and implementation, cross-environment
instantiation, contextspecific
instances
• Listener: eliminate polling
• Element access: it is arguable if that is a design pattern or just an API
• Properties: solves remote batch access, but incurs the problem of
compile-time type indifference
• UCB commands: universal dispatching of content specific operations
• Dispatch commands: universal dispatching of object specific operations,
chain of responsibility

I assume they are not implemented in the current version of OO.org(1.1.4) and so labelled as
recommendations.

I was wondering if they are not currently implemented is it possible to implement them? If it is possible can anybody point me in the right direction.

I have learnt Singelton,Factory,Listener patterns but dont know how to proceed for Element access,Properties,UCB commands, Dispatch commands.

I would appreciate any help.

Sincerely
Senthil

P.S. My apologies for positng this again but as I did not get any reply since I last posted it (8-4-05) I am reposting it.