Hi Stephan,

What would be a starting point to research to get the FilePicker to the front programmatically (without having a document object yet)?

Now I'm curious ...

Great! ;)

the filepicker is a modal dialog that is always on top and can't be moved to the back ... just to be sure I opened it via Basic, Java and UI and in all three cases the dialog persists in the front of the application.

Yes, relative to OOo. The problem is to bring it into the front of all other windows that may exist on the system (make it to be the first in z-order).

Which platform are you working on ?

At the moment on Windows (but I usually switch to Linux from time to time to check, whether the ooRexx scripts and OOo are really multi-platform).

Do you get the OOo-FilePicker or the System-FilePicker ?

The OOo-FilePicker, I assume, the routine getFile() shows which one. (Definitely not directly the Windows widget/control, but the one OOo uses.)

In the second case, have you tried to switch to the OOo-Filepicker by setting "Tools-Options-General-Use OOo Dialogs" ?

*WOW*, *that* made it work, thank you *very* much!! (Did try it on OOo 1.1.4 and 1.9.122.)

(Also, it is interesting that now only one instance of OOo is shown in the taskbar, whereas beforehand two were created, and closed after the end of the program.)

Now a lest (little?) request: how can one set the properties for OOo altogether (would just need a hint where - which class - or code-samples to start researching this corner of OOo, including the ability to learn about the version one is using). This way one can read, set and re-set the setting in the case one wishes to use the FilePicker.

Regards,

---rony