Kim Kulak wrote:
While translating FirstLoadComponent.java to Python I've encountered
problems with this one line of code:

            System.out.println(elemType.getTypeName());

In FirstLoadComponent.java, elemType is of type com.sun.star.uno.Type, the Java mapping of the UNO type TYPE. The method getTypeName of the Java class com.sun.str.uno.Type returns the (UNO) name of the (UNO) type represented by the com.sun.star.uno.Type instance (like "void" or "unsigned short" or "com.sun.star.uno.XInterface"). How the UNO type TYPE is mapped to a given language binding is language-binding--specific, so the mapping in Python probably looks quite different from the Java mapping (but I do not know).

-Stephan

1. The method getTypeName() is not listed in the index of the "IDL
Reference" documentation.

2. The output from the unohelper.inspect() function on the elemType
object indicates that there is a "getName()" method and a "Name"
attribute but neither of these work either.

Kim
[...]