Le Mardi 20 Septembre 2005 12:25, Andreas Schlüns a écrit :
> Galmes Pierre-Andre wrote:
> > Hello,

Hello Stephan and Andreas ,

In this mail, I will give some though about the way the OOo documentation is
managed and how I think the learning curve of OOo Programming could be
improved.

> > Is-there a kind of FAQ about all the C++ questions that someone may have
> > (like for example the Try-catch problem in gcc) ? Should we use the
> > codesnippets page for that ? Would it be an idea to create a FAQ page ?
>
> As Stephan already described .. the CodingGuidelines document seams to
> be your frined. For problems related to the OOo API you should have a
> look on "http://api.openoffice.org/faq.html"; or for general problems
> with OOo on "http://www.openoffice.org/faq.html";.

As a feedback from my experience, the documentation about OOo programming is
quite difficult to find.

For example, as a rookie in OOo Cpp programming, I would have enjoyed a page
about all the cpp stuff I would have need to learn and a kind of "schedule"
telling me : "Ok, to start programming, firslty read this, then that, and
finally this and then you should be ready". And then, a faq which would keep
track of the common problems.

Actually, at the moment, the documentation for cpp programming is spread in
many different places, for example :

http://udk.openoffice.org/
http://api.openoffice.org/
http://codesnippets.services.openoffice.org/
http://tools.openoffice.org/CodingGuidelines.sxw

I think it would be much more easy if only one repository was holding all the
interresting info ! I was hoping to find such a place, but it does not seems
it exists at the moment. Would it be a good idea to try to gather all the
developpers doc ?

Regards,
Pierre-André
--