Laurent Godard wrote:
Hi Jurgen

Kim i would suggest that we create a new sample directory python in the SDK structure and concentrate us primarily on the Developer's Guide examples because i will clean up the examples for the next version of the SDK to elimintate redundant examples.

+1
adding python inside the sdk is definitivelly a good idea

The code snippet base is also a good place for this converted examples. I would like to see that all snippets would be avalaible in all supported languages and that we can extend the collection.

Yes code snippets has to be extended to all languages supported by OOo
But remember these are snippets !
It is not the place imho to put full example but only test cases that illustrate one API call or one concept at a time to be used as a quick ref for newcommers

i want to extend this place to a place for more complex examples as well if possible. Tom would know if he has any space limitations on the server and if we have this limitation we may need to find another place. But important is that all this resources are available from the same entry point and that is for me currently the codesnippet page or the api project page. I think it is important to have one entry point for developers to find good and useful stuff (examples, snippets, documentation, ...) and we should work together to provide a common entry point. Everything else will be confusing and potential new developers get maybe lost on various sides. It is also important that we establsih some kind of QA for all examples, the snippets and the documentation as well that we can guarantee the correctness of these stuff. And more important for me is that we show the best practise to program extensions for OO.org.

- Juergen

Full examples may have their dedicated places in the SDK
They will often need some developped explanations and then not be 'snippets'
Yes a dedicated location for them is a good idea.
Btw, i think ChristianJunker is rewiewing the docstrings of the already exsiting uno*.py files and Bernard Marcelly, author of Xray, is actually writting an helper module allowing switching easilly from OOoBasic to pyUNo

thanks again Jurgen

Laurent