Hi Fernand,

> Must save some pieces of text (mostly paragraphs) from in a
> OOwriterDocument into a Database.
> I, as non pro coder, looked at different sources found different
> solutions but have still some questions about the best way to do save to
> a database
>
> - What type of datasourse is the most convieniend , DB, OObase, MySQL ?

Uhm - hard to answer without knowing your requirements. I'll ignore this
for the moment (hoping for others to answer :), and pick your second
question.

> - Whats the best way to save a new record: a SQL statement like

oRowSet = createUnoService( "com.sun.star.sdb.RowSet" )
oRowSet.DataSourceName = "testDB"
oRowSet.CommandType = com.sun.star.sdb.CommandType.TABLE
oRowSet.Command = "table"
oRowSet.execute

oColumn = oRowSet.Columns( "colname" )

oRowSet.moveToInsertRow()
oColumn.updateBinaryStream( ... )
oRowSet.insertRow()

(out of my head, might not work out of the box, but give you an idea :)

Ciao
Frank

--
- Frank Schönheit, Software Engineer         [EMAIL PROTECTED] -
- OpenOffice.org Database                   http://dba.openoffice.org -