Mathias Bauer wrote:
> Darragh Sherwin wrote:
>
>>Hi,
>>
>>I wrote this little python script below to split up a document into
>>fragments to reply to a mail on the UDK list to show how to copy part of
>>a document but I think it would be more useful on the this list (API)
>>
>>It fragments the document into 30 lines pieces, and copies the fragment
>>into a blank document. This will copy almost every thing in the 30 lines
>>including text, tables and graphics.
>

> Isn't that something for our code snippets database?
>
> Best regards,
> Mathias

Of course here we go:

http://codesnippets.services.openoffice.org/Office/Office.ConnectViaPipe.snip
http://codesnippets.services.openoffice.org/Office/Office.CreateDocument.snip
http://codesnippets.services.openoffice.org/Office/Office.FetchingServicesFromDesktop.snip
http://codesnippets.services.openoffice.org/Office/Office.UsingDispatchAPI.snip
http://codesnippets.services.openoffice.org/Writer/Writer.CopyComponentsToNewDocument.snip

As you can see I have splitted up the whole code into logical parts and
linked them using a new feature of the codesnippet page. Maybe someone
knowning Python could take a look and correct errors and give some goog
keywords to add to snippets.

Maybe we should extend our Snippet-XML to link snippets?

I thought of something like:
<linked-snippets>
  <snippet application="Office" snippet="Office.CreateDocument.snip" />
</linked-snippets>

What do other think about this idea? I think its worth an idea.

cu

Tom