Hi Andrew,

that's nice to read. :-)

BTW: I forgot to mention that you can use "-env:UserInstallation=..."
also for not yet existing user installations. OOo2.0 will just create
one in this case at the desired location. You will get the startup
wizard though. But we're working on this.

Ciao,
Mathias

Andrew Jensen wrote:
> Mathias,
>
> You just made my month...
>
> Thanks
>
> Mathias Bauer wrote:
>
>>Hi Andrew,
>>
>>Andrew Jensen wrote:
>>

>>>Ok, never mind..I figured out what I was doing wrong..I can run writer
>>>now, while my import script is running...
>>>
>>>Sorry, for the misunderstanding.
>>>
>>>Andrew
>>>

>>It's an UL that you can't run two OOo instance at a time, the problem is
>>that two running instances must access different *user* installation
>>directories (user profiles) because OOo doesn't allow a concurrent
>>access to this directory.
>>
>>You always can run a second instance of OOo from the same OOo
>>installation directory by having a second user profile at $URL and
>>starting the second OOo instance with "-env:UserInstallation=$URL".
>>
>>If you don't like the command line hassle you can also have a complete
>>second installation of OOo 2.0 on your machine with its own user
>>profile preconfigured to $URL (instead of the default).
>>
>>To let this installation of OOo know about $URL you must change the
>>"UserInstallation" entry in the file bootstrap.ini/bootstraprc in your
>>second installation to point to this special user profile. Of course
>>this second installation of OOo does not have a system integration (only
>>one instance can have this).
>>
>>To create a second OOo2.0 installation you have two options:
>>
>>Just copy a complete OOo2.0 installation somewhere else(!).
>>On windows you also can install a second copy of OOo2.0 with setup /a.
>>
>>Best regards,
>>Mathias

Please reply to the list only, [EMAIL PROTECTED] is a spam sink.