Hi Andrew,

Alle 14:12, venerdì 4 novembre 2005, Andrew Douglas Pitonyak ha scritto:
> I am writing an extensive database and macro document here:
> http://www.pitonyak.org/database/OOoBaseBinaryFields.odt

Wow! the ooBase bible!
Great work!

> I have a macro that demonstrates how to connect to flat files using
> macros. My macro generates the data, loads the data into a Calc document
> using the "scalc: Text - txt - csv (StarCalc)" filter, and then connects
> to the flat file and the Calc document as a data source. This is all for
> "learning", of course. On Windows, a Calc document is opened, and on my
> Linux
> box, a Write document is opened.

The problem should be in the filter name.

According with the Dev Guide:
8.2.2    Saving Spreadsheet Documents - Filter Options

the correct value is "Text - txt - csv (StarCalc)"

> Does this make any sense at all?

Not for me!
A wrong filter name should not work at all, even if other params are correct,
as in your example.

ciao
Paolo M