Douglas Staas wrote:

> My questions keep piling up. If this isn't the right place to ask
> them, where should I seek answers/useful documentation? If this is
> the right place to ask them, what do I need to do to engage in a
> dialog about these issues?

It's the right place here, but maybe nobody understands your problem or
nobody has an answer or nobody has read your questions.

> * Macros don't run when a 2nd OO file is open unless the macro editor
> is open. When will this be resolved?

I'm still not sure if I understood you correctly.

If you start a dialog that is embedded into a document and that calls a
macro that also belongs to this document and if you then close *this*
document you can't expect that the macro still is able to run, because
the basic library containing it is already removed from memory, the
connection is lost.

This is not a bug, it's unavoidable. Perhaps an idea could be to warn on
closing or even prevent closing the document as long as a macro from it
is running, but this was considered to be a bug some time ago (because
there are use cases where it should be possible to close a document by
its own macro).

BTW: you can improve the probability to get answers to your questions if
you:

- Create one mail thread per question.
Otherwise people that aren't interested in your first question skip all
mails in the thread and so don't see other questions you append later.

- Quote properly when you answer (quote only text you refer to in your
answer and write your answer below it, as I did it here).
This will make your mails easier to read and easier to understand. If
you want to get answers you should make it easy to read your questions.

Best regards,

Please reply to the list only, [EMAIL PROTECTED] is a spam sink.