I was able to extract one attachement from this email, so I took a look at it. I noticed a few unusual things.

Consider the OK button. The OK Button is listed as type OK button, NOT as a default button. Because of this, when you click on the button, an event is automatically fired, that will CLOSE the dialog.

The button also has some events tied to things such as key press and mouse click. There are two issues with this. First, you should probably just use the "when initiating" event, which covers both of the cases. Second, when you click on the button, it is supposed to do two distinct things. The OK action, because this is an OK button, and use your events. Which is done first? Which is done second? The primary problem here, is that the OK action changes the state of the dialog. If these fire in a multi-threaded way, I have no idea which will be finished first and what the result will be. It is likely to be timing related and unreliable. Off hand, I reccomend that you use one method or the other. In other words, either let the action close the dialog, or perform the actions AFTER the dialog has closed if OK was used to close the dialog. Using the methods that you describe, are likely to leave things in an unfinished state.

Douglas Staas wrote:

i'm reposting this question:

What is meant by "provide for disposal when the document is closed"? Where could I find this in the documentation?