Christian Junker wrote:

>> I've heard that the new API makes it
>> easier to connect to, but since the old application has been written and is
>> working I don't want to change it.  I've also heard (but am not sure) that
>> in 2.x.x, to get OOo to listen to a Java connection, I have to do something
>> other than the old edit to Setup.xcu.
> 
> Yes, the SimpleBootstrap mechanism which automates the IPC via a named pipe.
> Everything related to making the office listen for TCP/IP connections
> is documented in the Developer's Guide (first chapter, I think)
> available at api.openoffice.org .

I hope you don't mind if I mention something you might see as trivial,
but just to avoid misunderstandings: though OOo2 offers a new and much
easier way to connect to it the old mechanism from OOo1 and of course
each written code using it still works. Moreover, if you want to write a
program that connects both to OOo1 and OOo2 you will still need to use
the old mechanism you already know.

Best regards,
Mathias

-- 
Mathias Bauer - OpenOffice.org Application Framework Project Lead
Please reply to the list only, [EMAIL PROTECTED] is a spam sink.

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
For additional commands, e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Reply via email to