Hi Tobias,

Yet, I have been running into a problem (also with the previous
zip-package) on my local installation of OOo and thought that maybe I
did something wrong (deleting files by hand etc.). So today I took the
time to deinstall my previous version of OOo (2.0.1, deleted the
"OpenOffice.org2" user directory by "hand", rebooted the PC) and
installed the latest one (2.0.2, German if that matters). After that I
tried to install the repacked version of your utility and get a
show-stopper while the package manager tries to install it.

Is the file read or writeable?

Readable (NTFS, full rights available). The problem seems to be that there are directories in the install path that simply do not exist (for unknown reasons), or maybe they get created by the package installer, but not successfully?.

I first had different problems with overwriting the old snippet creator.
But solved it by using "unopkg gui". The I removed the package and
installed it. Does this work for you?

There is no old snippet creator. It is a fresh install of OOo 2.0.2 and a fresh install of the Snippet creator with the latest packaging.
P.S.: On a totally different issue: would anyone have a hint (URL,
keyword) where to look for adding multilanguage support to OOo 2.0.2
(user interface as well!), would like to have German, English (and maybe
a few other languages) with one installation of OOo, if possible at all

Use Linux and install the packages, set the language environment and
start OO. But on Windows??

Hmm, on Windows the US-English installer detects OOo is installed already and stops installation. Could not find a hint in the "readme", hence the request in the PS on how to reailize multi-language support under Windows.

Regards,

---rony