Hi Paolo,

> In spite of this, reading the IDL description it seems that all should happen
> automatically, without listeners or event binding, infact:
>
> css.awt.UnoControlScrollBarModel
> -------------------------------
> boolean LiveScroll;
> Description
> specifies the scrolling behaviour of the control.
> true means, that when the user moves the slider in the scroll bar, the
> content
> of the window is updated immediately. false means, that the window is only
> updated after the user has released the mouse button.
> Since
> OpenOffice 2.0.0

As I said elsewhere in the thread, the documentation is misleading here.
In fact, the property controls how events are fired. Reactions on those
events are up to the client code. (You can use scrollbars for more than
for scrolling windows. For instance, you can bind them to spreadsheet
cells :)

>>i would expect attach a dialog window or frame to it ?
>>how would you
>>implement both horizontal and vertical slides
>
> Perhaps this should e matter of an RFE
> Currently the css.awt.ScrollBarOrientation constant group offers only:
> HORIZONTAL and VERTICAL
> the "BOTH" option is missing.

Hmm? How would you expect such a scrollbar to look like? How would you
expect a user to operate it?

In all "widget programming" I ever did, the model is more or less like this:

+--------------------------------------------------+ +-+
| (1)                                              | |^| (2)
|                                                  | | |
|                                                  | | |
|                                                  | | |
|                                                  | | |
|                                                  | | |
|                                                  | | |
|                                                  | |v|
+--------------------------------------------------+ +-+
|<|                   (3)                        |>|

A main window (1) which contains the to-be-scrolled content, a vertical
scrollbar (2), and a hortizontal scrollbar (3) - all three having the
same parent, instead of being children of each other.

There are toolkits which allow you to knit (2) and (3) with (1) so that
scrolling happens automatically. But currently, AWT, OpenOffice.org's
UNO-based toolkit, does not belong into this group.

> The hope would be that the developer that have implemented this thing is
> reading us.

The "LiveScroll" property was implemented by me :)

Ciao
Frank

--
- Frank Schönheit, Software Engineer         [EMAIL PROTECTED] -
- OpenOffice.org Database                   http://dba.openoffice.org -