Hi Andreas,

Andreas Schlüns wrote:

>> I wrote a little cute java program that is converting documents via OOo.
>> This conversion machine is running hidden. It will fail, even crash down
>> if someone uses OOo in foreground and closes the last opened window. For
>> this reason I registered a TerminateListener that throws a
>> TerminateVetoException, which prevents my lovely program from crashing.
>> But this exception even prevents the user to close his visible document(s).
>>
>> Is there a solution, to use the CloseListener (or any other Listener)
>> that allows the user to close the visible OOo desktop, but prevents my
>> hidden document and OOo to close?
>
> No ... currently not (not realy).

Andreas, do you remember what was the reason for the current design
decision to prevent the tasks from being closed just because a
TerminateListener opted against termination?

The problem of Tobias lets me think that the current way of doing things
isn't helpful for those who use a termination listener. Or let's put it
the other way around: what kind of evil things would/could happen if we
first closed all tasks and then called queryTermination() as we do for
the Quickstarter?

Of course we would be at the mercy of the listener that he will
terminate OOo later and so prevent a running OOo instance without any
visual elements that allow to close it. But isn't that the idea behind
the TerminateListener anyway?

Ciao,
Please reply to the list only, [EMAIL PROTECTED] is a spam sink.