Hi,

Alle 10:24, giovedì 3 maggio 2007, Frank Schönheit - Sun Microsystems Germany
ha scritto:
> Hi Cedric,
>
> > I'ld like to create a table to present some data in an OpenOffice.org
> > dialog. I'ld like to know which service(s) should be used to create a
> > table like the one in the "Options > Fonts" page.
>
> There is no AWT table control available (yet), sorry.
> I suppose the only
> chance is to add a lot of single controls in a table-like layout, and
> manage them (including scrolling and the like) manually. Not really
> convincing, admittedly.

it would be an interesting challenge, however.
(and very useful if released as uno component !)

I did something similar in the BasicAddonBuilder package :
http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Extensions_Packager

infact, the menu / toolbar preview are implemented in StarBasic using many awt
controls created and managed runtime.
The menu preview (pseudo) control is in practice a table with four columns, so
I hope you can find some useful ideas.
All the related code is in the MenuPreview and ToolbarPreview modules (library
BasicAddonBuilderServices)

There is a problem because AWT does not supply "logical colors" so in certain
cases a custom component does not respect the environment settings.

Another problem is the integration into AWT dialogs:
Dialog controls are normally created via the DialogModel::XMultiServiceFactory
interface.
Unfortunately there is no way (AFAIK) to register your own controls in that
factory.
You can create awt controls from the default ServicaManager, but
they will not support the UnoControlDialogElement service (that supply
properties like Step, TabIndex, Tag etc.)
So I had to use a trick to add my "pseudo" awt controls and make them to
behave properly in the "host" dialog.

regards
Paolo M