Alexandro Colorado schrieb:

> On Fri, 12 Oct 2007 12:55:51 -0500, Mathias Bauer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> wrote:
>
>> Hi Alexandro,
>>
>> Alexandro Colorado schrieb:
>>
>>> However I want to know if I would need a transport on my system so the
>>> API
>>> is able to send the email.  This is a similar dilema that I face with
>>> python's libsmtpd module which is capable of working as an smtpd server
>>> but there is really not much reference about how to run it.
>>
>> The SimpleSystemMail service uses the system mail client to send mails.
>> If you don't get one on your system you could try the
>> "com.sun.star.system.SimpleCommandMail" service. At least that's the
>> strategy the "Send document as mail" code in OOo uses.
>>
>> Ciao,
>> Mathias
>>

> Thanks mathias, I wonder if this is actually generated from OOo or you
> mean the $mail command in Unix.  In other words is this SimpleComandMail
> cross platform at all?

Sorry, I don't know the internal details. What I can say is how we do it
in the framework code: first ask for the SimpleSystemMail service and if
you don't get one ask for the SimpleCommandMail service. This should
work on all OOo installations where "Send document as mail" works.

Ciao,

Please don't reply to "[EMAIL PROTECTED]".