Hi Ariel,

> With a new-style service constructor, you can NOT call
> createUnoService() and then initialize() passing to this last call the
> constructor's parameters. In the example [1] initialize() "fails" == the
> object returned by createUnoService() has no such method, i.e. has
> already been initialized using the default constructor (I think :-( )

In fact, the example you use (PackageManagerDialog) has been implemented
without the XInitialization pattern - it does the constructor
initialization by other means. Which only hilights that in fact the
.initialize thing is an *implementation detail* which one cannot rely one.

Ciao
Frank

--
- Frank Schönheit, Software Engineer         [EMAIL PROTECTED] -
- OpenOffice.org Base                       http://dba.openoffice.org -