Stephan Bergmann escribió:
Ariel Constenla-Haile wrote:
Hello people,

I started to set my environment to program with OOo API in C++.
I'm doing things in parallel on Windows and Linux.
In Windows  I could figure out how to set the MS Visual Studio 2005
Express, in Linux I started with the NetBeans Cpp plug-in, but may be I
will use the Sun Studio.

Some problems/headaches started when testing with
SimpleBootstrap_cpp.cxx: in Windows I got an error from
the compiler:

$OO_SDK_HOME\include\sal\types.h(77) :
fatal error C1189: #error :  "Could not find 16-bit type, add support
for your architecture"

Reading a few lines above (types.h 44 ss)

#elif defined WNT
  /* FIXME: autogeneration of type sizes on Win32/Win64? */

I just added #define WNT in Windows and could
compile.

Is this "FIXME?" with its "?" something unconfirmed? Or is it confirmed
and going to be fixed? Or is it simply a dummy thing I'm missing?

In Linux I had other similar problems, so I added #define UNX and worked.

Setting the necessary preprocessor defines like WNT or UNX appears to be controlled by CC_DEFINES in SDK's settings/settings.mk (and there are more settings of important compiler and linker flags there to adapt your tool chain to the requirements of the URE; see ure/source/uretest/Makefile.pln:1.6 for an alternative approach to do this adaption independent of the SDK, albeit done there only for Linux).

-Stephan

thanks for that hint!
Seems like I'm going to work hard to start my way on OOo API with Cpp!
...well... I'm on summer-"holidays" so I have time to learn. I will start studing whow the SDK Makefile's work fisrt.

Regards
Ariel.

--
Ariel Constenla-Haile
La Plata, Argentina

[EMAIL PROTECTED]
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

http://www.arielconstenlahaile.com.ar/ooo/

"Aus der Kriegsschule des Lebens
                - Was mich nicht umbringt,
        macht mich härter."
                Nietzsche Götzendämmerung, Sprüche und Pfeile, 8.