Hi Jonathan,

Jonathan Kaye escribió:
Hi all,
Trying to write these Basic macros is extremely frustrating. I'm sure I'm
missing some basic documentation somewhere but I can't find it for the life
of me.

* although it may be obvious: press F1 to open OOo Help, in the tab "Contents" you'll see the tree branch "Macros and programming". Besides some introductory concepts, you can find all the OOo Basic runtime library documented (note that if you put the cursor in a word on the IDE and press F1, the Help will be opened, showing the documentation [or a list of matching topics] - if available == only the runtime library of OpenOffice.org Basic is documented, not the API: if you press F1 over Mid or InStr it will show you the documentation for Mid and InStr; but it will not work over getCellRangeByName(), for example [AFAIK there was some years ago a project to integrate the API reference on the Office Help, but don't know what happened with that]

* the OOo Basic guide is on the Wiki: http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Documentation/BASIC_Guide

* see its limitations and additional documentation http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Documentation/BASIC_Guide#More_Information

Regards
Ariel.

--
Ariel Constenla-Haile
La Plata, Argentina

[EMAIL PROTECTED]
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

http://www.ArielConstenlaHaile.com.ar/ooo/

"Aus der Kriegsschule des Lebens
                - Was mich nicht umbringt,
        macht mich härter."
                Nietzsche Götzendämmerung, Sprüche und Pfeile, 8.