Hi Carsten,

I think this is a special thing for you... I have an application adding
a transient menu to the menubar. This  works very like a charm on all
systems, out of one: its an Ubuntu Gutsy 32bit (OOo 2.3): the menu
refreshes several times and produces often a deadlock! The menu refresh
is extremly slow, it first adds the "Datei" menu, then the "Bearbeiten"
menu... Just before the deadlock happens, one of the toolbars
substitudes all icons with the titles.

This happened on the Ubuntu OOo. For I know that Ubuntu OOo is compiled
against GCJ Java and thus has several failures, I installed the Comunity
OOo deb packages (OOo 2.3.1) from the OpenOffice website. The deadlock
disappears. But the menus are updated again extremely slow and again,
several times.

Can you tell me why the menus are updated several times at OOo startup
and why this is extremely slow?

Greetings, Tobias