I originally posted this to the General group a day ago, but the more I
think about it, the more I think people here would be more likely to
know how to deal with it.  Like the one outstanding issue I'm having
with the dialog in Basic (the file browser won't browse), it looks like
this should just work, but it doesn't.

I'm using OOo 2.3 on Ubuntu Linux.

I have macros that change the paragraph margin indents and want them to
be called from specific autotext events, but it's not working.  I've
defined the macros and the autotext items.  I do this:

- Edit->AutoText
- Pick the AutoText item I want to call a macro
- Select from the button to the right AutoText->Macro
- The Assign Macro window opens up.
- I click on the Macros window and navigate to get to the macro I want
(My Macros.Screenwriting.Film.Margin1)
- I click Assign to assign this macro to the AutoText before inserting
text.
- The object path
(vnd.sun.star.script:Screenwriting.Film.Margin1?language=Basic&location=application(.)
appears in the table showing that it is assigned to "Before inserting
AutoText."
- Click OK to close that window

Then, from the AutoText window I click on the AutoText item again and go
to the Macro window to see if it's assigned and it isn't.  Even if I
don't do this and just close the AutoText window, it's still not
assigned.

I can assign the macro to an AutoText, but I can't make it stick.

I thought maybe some of the AutoText info was being stored elsewhere
than in my home directory so I might not have write permission to the
folder, but if that were true, I could not save the AutoText in the
first place.

So even though I'm doing what seems like the right thing, why can't I
assign a macro to an autotext?

Thanks for any help on this.

Hal