Hal Vaughan schrieb:
On Sunday 13 July 2008, Christoph Jopp wrote:
Hal Vaughan schrieb:
(...)

3) The File Browser control doesn't open up any kind of browsing
function when I click on "Browse."  That would force me to type in
all file paths by hand.
This still does not work and is the one outstanding issue: When I
click on the "Browse" button, nothing happens, but from what I
read, it should open up a file browser for me.  Any idea what I
need to do or why this doesn't work?
Seems to be a bug.
I'm able to reproduce this behaviour with OOo 2.4.0
("OOo-Novell-Edition") on openSuse 10.3 .

The code

    oFilepicker =
createUnoService("com.sun.star.ui.dialogs.FilePicker")
oFilepicker.execute()

also results in a RuntimeException.
On the same system with a dev-version of OOo3 (300m19) the
FileControl shows a FileDialog as it should and the above code works
well.

Hope that helps

Yes and no.

I know what's wrong.

It just means it's a PITA issue because now I have to write in the routine to open a file chooser and get a directory or file, then stick it in the text control. I can do it, I'm just not ecstatic over doing it.

Oh, well.

Thanks.

Hal

Hi Hal,

found the "bug"!
For me it is working if I choose in the Options-Menu that OOo should use its own open/save dialogs (instead of system dialogs). Sorry don't have any english version at hand but the menu-path should be something like

tools->options->OpenOffice.org->common->open/save-dialogs

hope this one really helps
Christoph