Hi Nicole,

Nicole Scholz escribió:
Hi!

Thank you for the example. It helped me a lot to implement the chapter
numbering. Unfortunately the chapter numbering is not shown in the table of
contents. Do I have to set a property or something that it is shown?

I suppose you followed the example where the needed property is set to true:

xContentIndexProps.setPropertyValue("CreateFromOutline", Boolean.TRUE);

If so, the only reason I can think is that you are creating *first* the index, and *then* changing the outline numbering. If that's the case, you'll need to update the index in order to show the chapter numbering.

The base service for indexes, css.text.BaseIndex, implements
css.text.XDocumentIndex, which has a method update() that will update
the document index
[http://api.openoffice.org/docs/common/ref/com/sun/star/text/XDocumentIndex.html#update]

Look in the example, it already uses this interface, and sure you also used it right after inserting the index.

Hope this solves the problem; if not, then let me know.

Regards
Ariel.

--
Ariel Constenla-Haile
La Plata, Argentina

[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://www.ArielConstenlaHaile.com.ar/ooo/

"Aus der Kriegsschule des Lebens
                - Was mich nicht umbringt,
        macht mich härter."
                Nietzsche Götzendämmerung, Sprüche und Pfeile, 8.