Hello,

have a look at http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Documentation/DevGuide/OfficeDev/Component/Window_Interfaces

XTopWindow.toFront should do what you want.

Sincerely, Dirk

On 10/09/08 13:25, Daniel Watkins wrote:
Hello again,

I've got to the point in the project where most things are working (give
or take).  However, one of the requirements is that we are able to
control the Z-order (or stacking order, as the X docs refer to it) of
the presentation window.

As far as I can tell, there isn't a way to do this from within the
OpenOffice API.  Am I correct?

Having assumed that this was the case, I tried to find a workaround.
What I'm currently doing is:
  xwindow = uno.getConstantByName(
    "com.sun.star.lang.SystemDependent.SYSTEM_XWINDOW")
  handle = window.getWindowHandle(uno.ByteSequence(str(self.oo_pid)),
                                  xwindow)
where 'window' is an Window[0] that's been created from a
WindowDescriptor[1] with WindowAttribute.SYSTEMDEPENDENT[2] set (roughly
following Ariel's instructions from a previous email[3]).  I then use
Python bindings to Xlib to iterate through the windows on the default
screen of the default display, to find the one I want, and then use that
to set the Z-order of the window.

Unfortunately, this doesn't work.  I haven't been able to figure out
why, so I thought I would turn to the list for help.  Is it possible
that I'm getting a handle for the wrong window?

Any help would be appreciated.

Dan

[Footnote 0: com.sun.star.awt.XWindow]
[Footnote 1: com.sun.star.awt.WindowDescriptor]
[Footnote 2: com.sun.star.awt.WindowAttribute.SYSTEMDEPENDENT]
[Footnote 3:
http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.openoffice.devel.api/18340]

--
Sun Microsystems GmbH           Dirk Voelzke
Nagelsweg 55                    Software Engineer

Amtsgericht Muenchen: HRB 161028