Hi,

some of users of our extension (LanguageTool) report the problem with CannotRegisterImplementationException:

ERROR: (com.sun.star.ucb.CommandFailedException) { { Message = "Wyst\X0105pi\X0142 b\X0142\X0105d podczas aktywacji rozszerzenia: LanguageTool.uno.jar", Context = (com.sun.star.uno.XInterface) @93f8190 }, Reason = (any) { (com.sun.star.registry.CannotRegisterImplementationException) { { Message = "", Context = (com.sun.star.uno.XInterface) @0 } } } }

This is not too informative when you have an empty message appearing on install of your jar with UNO service, and I've seen also this happen to Sun Report Builder 1.0.4 (see comments http://extensions.services.openoffice.org/project/reportdesign) and to A Letras (see http://extensions.services.openoffice.org/project/aletras).

These three use Java, and in most cases it has been reported to happen in Windows XP SP3 (but also in OpenSuse 10.3). I suspect this might be due to the Windows Firewall that could block some connections, otherwise I really cannot see any reason why this should happen.

Does anybody have a clue what happens? I have no access to machines that experience the problem but it seems replicable :/ Reinstall of OOo and Java and deleting Java settings doesn't fix the problem. I don't really know where to look for the reason - is it our code or the bug in the operating system or in OpenOffice.org?

Thanks in advance
Marcin