Marc Santhoff wrote:
Am Freitag, den 09.01.2009, 09:33 +0100 schrieb Fernand Vanrie:
Marc Santhoff wrote:
Am Donnerstag, den 08.01.2009, 16:18 +0100 schrieb Fernand Vanrie:
Frank,

Is it also a reasonable RTF to asks that every SubComponent tables, Querys etc been protected by a password or a other protection sheme (from out the API)
I think you can achieve user rights discrimination by doing so in the
undelying database. It's a standard task for RDBMS.
Marc, you are right but when using OO-docs as a frontend-docs then the "rights" are distributed on base of who has acces to the Frontend-doc . So here the "maker" of the frondend-doc must decide wath is accesable for the frontend-doc-user . Think at how spreadsheets are secured.
Greetz Fernand

I understand your intention, but since it isn't possible to do so it may
be sufficient to let the underlying database reject the execution of
queries and the change or even retrieval of tables (data).

Another approach could be to hide the docs from the gui by removing from
the lists shown, but really don't know if that's possible.
I tryed this ,loading the DB-doc in hidden mode,:it works :-) but I still try to find a 100% save method to close this hidden-doc when the last of his Sub-components is closed. The problem is that we have a policy to store ore macro's in the docs or subcomponents (for loaction an distribute problems)and not in "globalscope". In the case of Base we can at this moment not have macro's in it. Placing a macro in the sub-component who trye to close the parent and linking to the "close" or the "closing" event seems not to work.

Thanks for you interest

Fernand

HTH,
Marc