On 01/22/09 08:33, ashok _ wrote:
I have an application that uses saxon9.1 and xerces 2.9.1.
It works fine by itself.

When I invoke the same application library from within a java UNO
client application - I get various DOM processing errors while merging
nodes - essentially related to the parser implementation
javax.xml.parsers.DocumentBuilderFactory ... it seems to me that a
different DOM parser implementation is being loaded by the application
when its run from within a OpenOffice UNO client application...
perhaps OOo changes the classpath and includes different versions of
saxon / xerces which could be causing my problem ?

I am running Ubuntu 8.04 / with OpenOffice 3.0 /  Java 1.6.0_07-b06

Looks like you need to set an appropriate context class loader around calls to DocumentBuilderFactory etc., see <http://blogs.sun.com/GullFOSS/entry/is_your_java_extension_ready> and <http://www.openoffice.org/servlets/ReadMsg?list=dev&msgNo=19584>.

-Stephan