Hello *,

[I answer myself]
On Thursday 22 January 2009 20:57, Ariel Constenla-Haile wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> last time (IIRC circa 1 1/2 year ago) I tested the css.frame.ContentHandler
> with a sound file, it played the sound; now [DEV300_m39] it opens the
> ExtensionManager.
> Is this an issue, or are we now supposed to pass [more] info in the
> MediaDescriptor? (notice that a too flat type detection based only in file
> extension worked before with no media info at all, now and before I used a
> file with extension *.wav from the gallery).
>
> You can test yourself on a solar shell
> (http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Checkapi) with
>
> checkapi -o fwk.SoundHandler
>
> which ridicously passes OK.
>
> Regards

it seems the Sound Handler implementation was "replaced" by the OXT Handler:
http://svn.services.openoffice.org/opengrok/xref/DEV300_m39/framework/inc/dispatch/oxt_handler.hxx#133
http://svn.services.openoffice.org/opengrok/xref/DEV300_m39/framework/source/dispatch/oxt_handler.cxx#183

In fact, css.lang.XServiceInfo.getImplementationName() at the object
instantiated by the service name "com.sun.star.frame.ContentHandler" returns
"com.sun.star.comp.framework.OXTFileHandler".

Now it only handles (or better, handles every URL you give it as an) OXT files.
And before it seemd to handle only sound, more limited even: only *.wav and
*.au
http://svn.services.openoffice.org/opengrok/xref/DEV300_m39/framework/inc/dispatch/oxt_handler.hxx#133

Now and then, the service description gives a wrong idea of what we can expect
from it:

"special dispatcher for non visible contents, e.g. sounds

    This handler doesn't need any frame as target for loading components.
Content handler are registered for content types. (See type/filter
configuration
of ::com::sun::star::document::TypeDetection for further informations) If
generic load mechanism found such documents which can be handled by a
ContentHandler it will create and use it."

For me, this means it can handle (try to dispatch with notification) *any* non
visible content. Wrong idea: it handles any thing as oxt and tries to opens
the ExtensionManager.
Shouldn't it be deprecated?

Regards
--
Ariel Constenla-Haile
La Plata, Argentina

"Aus der Kriegsschule des Lebens
                - Was mich nicht umbringt,
        macht mich härter."
                Nietzsche Götzendämmerung, Sprüche und Pfeile, 8.