Hi Jürgen,

>> [BTW, please note that there seems to be an error in this area, as from
>> outside of Basic one must denote "application" rather than the correct
>> "user" as the location.]
> mmh, i am not sure. Well i have never used this but maybe
> "application"  provides a view from outside of basic on both "user"
> and "share" and you don't have to differentiate. But of course using
> "user" directly should work probably also.
Shall I file an issue for this?

>> Compiling and running the Java program above will cause a message box to
>> popup (needs to be closed by the user, or just comment the
>> MsgBox-instruction), and at the end of the run will display the result's
>> value (the result of the Basic function):
>>
>> -------------- cut here --------------
>>
>> F:\test\ooo\studenten\diplarbeit\scholz\20090108>java TestBasic
>> Connected to a running office ...
>> Returned from executing dispatch, Result=[(some Basic datatypes:
>> 0=Empty, 2=Integer, 8=String, 9=Object, 11=Boolean)
>>
>> isMissing(arg1)=False, value=someObject, datatype=9
>> isMissing(arg2)=False, value=True, datatype=11
>> isMissing(arg3)=True], State=[1]
>> Successful run.
>>
>> -------------- cut here --------------
>>
>> As you can see, the Basic function gets TWO arguments, instead of only
>> one. The last argument is of type Boolean and has a value of "True".
>>
>> Any comments/hints/explanations now that only "genuine" OOo
>> functionality is used? Does this qualify as a bug?
>
> sorry no hints without further investigation ...
O.K., I'll wait before submitting an issue for this then (as it could be
very well intentional and just the documentation for it is missing,
although the "surprise" factor would be there fore the application
programmers, potentially leading to wrong expectations and therefore to
mix-ups at runtime as a system added argument may change the logic of
the receiving function/subroutine).

Thanks anyway!

Regards,

---rony