On 09/01/2009 05:06 PM, Andrew Douglas Pitonyak wrote:

How can I use a macro to insert a cross reference to a specific header?
Based on the lack of response, I assume that it is not known or not possible. If anyone cares, I added a new section to my document with an investigation, on this topic (section 7.29 if I remember correctly). A summary is as follows:

When you add a cross reference to a header, a bookmark is created around that header. You do not have access the bookmark through the standard methods such as getBookmarks, but you can find where it is set by enumerating through the text (I provide code that does exactly this).

Although I did not provide to demonstrate the process, you can likely create a reference to this "hidden" bookmark.

Also, although you likely do not have access to the code that will create these "hidden" bookmarks, you can always create your own bookmarks around headings and use those if you so desire.

--
Andrew Pitonyak
My Book: http://www.hentzenwerke.com/catalog/oome.htm