Hi Pivithuru,

Otherwise you won't get any replies directly. It's the same for all OpenOffice.org mailing lists.

On 7/27/10 9:51 PM, Pivithuru Wijegunawardana wrote:
I am developing a user interface using UNO AWT for statistical data analysis
tool in summer internship program. I did some UI designs using UNO AWT in
java. But the components seem not to be packed and properly layout since I
inserted them giving x position and y position.

    - Is there any IDE plugin or UI design tool available for UNO AWT UI
    building in java?
you can use the dialog editor in the office to create an initial layout. Export this dialog in your extension and use it via the dialog provider, see - http://api.openoffice.org/docs/common/ref/com/sun/star/awt/DialogProvider.html - http://api.openoffice.org/docs/common/ref/com/sun/star/awt/XDialogProvider2.html.

    - Does UNO AWT contain any layouts for components (like Grid, Flow etc.
    layouts in java.awt)?
a good working layout manager is still missing. If you want to use the designed dialog in a resizeable window you have to implement your own layout mechanism (see http://api.openoffice.org/docs/common/ref/com/sun/star/awt/XWindowListener.html). I hope this will change in the future. There were some work ongoing but i think it is stalled.

Further resource
- the Devguide chapter Graphical User Interfaces http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Documentation/DevGuide/GUI/Graphical_User_Interfaces
- SDK examples

Juergen

Any suggestions regarding UI design using UNO awt will be highly
appreciated.